Sunday, July 6, at 6p
Evolve Chesapeake, 351 Dubois Road, Annapolis, MD
Kyle Kentopp will share his struggle reconciling first his gender in the face of society and faith, and then reconciling faith itself as an openly transgender individual. Sponsored by The United Church of Christ of Annapolis and Evolve Chesapeake. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Justice and Peace Festival 2014
Theme “Violence In Our World”
Saturday, October 25, 9am – 3pm
more information? click Here @ The United Church of Christ of Annapolis, 6 Carvel Circle, Edgewater, MD
Children and Youth Summer Program 2014
June: Finding God in Multiple Languages and Places July: Raising Homelessness Awareness August: Creating for Others
Click here for more information
August 21, 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
UCCA, Caton Hall, 8 Carvel Circle Edgewater Benefiting the Light House Shelter
Recommended Donations: $10/adult, $4/16 & under RSVP:email@example.com
The United Church of Christ of Annapolis supports Marriage Equality.
For more on what the UCC is doing in North Carolina,
visit I Do Support Religious Freedom
“If we are to love, it is not some namby-pamby thing of nice sentimental thoughts. It is being willing to take the blame for the ones whom you engage with. You could easily say, then, that the one who was without sin, Jesus, was blamed by the authorities, those people in power, for the manners and outcastedness of those with whom he walked alongside.” –from Rev. Sirmons’ sermon “Speak!” 4 February 2013
A big thank you to both Chloe and Bill for leading our worship services while Pastor Sirmons was on vacation. Next Sunday, our children and youth will visit a shelter and present care packages that they put together last week.
Our vegetable card is producing lots of tomatoes, squash, okra, mint, rosemary and other produce. We have had our Box Out Homelessness" Sunday. In our current UCCA Hot News are new pictures of this event. Save the date: August 24 the Ramsey's have invited us to their home for a picnic and a swim. Ho…
Pictures are from Sunday's worship service in the sanctuary with communion outside followed by a picnic. The explorations, our older youth group, spent the previous evening outside sleeping in cardboard boxes as the homeless do. They had met a homeless couple living under a bridge. The topic "Box Out" tells us that we can do something about homelessness. The whole event was a wonderful and meaningful experience for everyone.
Happy Fourth of July! As we celebrate independence, our youth group is gearing up to help make independence possible for all by "Boxing Out Homelessness." In 24 hours, they'll set up a box campground on church grounds, have dinner with an area homeless couple we're trying to help find a home, and spend the night under the stars in our boxes. Want to help support them? You can donate via our secure server below. 80% of your donation goes to We Care and Friends, an Annapolis advocacy program, while the other 20% goes toward UCC youth faith exploration programs. uccannapolis.org/blog2/box-out/. Lend a hand! ... See MoreSee Less